November 5, 2011

Caramel Popcorn


Right after the Pumpkin Pie craze of Halloween and before the Turkey recipes for Thanksgiving start, I would like to share this Caramel Corn recipe with you. On a crisp fall day like today, when all you want to do is snuggle up with a blanket and watch a movie, there could be no better snack than Caramel Popcorn. Here is an easy recipe I will be using that I got from AllRecipes.com:

Ingredients

  • 1 cup unpopped popcorn
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F(150 degrees C).
  2. In a large pot, heat oil over high heat. Add the unpopped popcorn. Moving the pan constantly, pop the corn. Remove from heat, place in a large baking pan, and keep warm in the preheated oven. Discard unpopped kernels.
  3. Mix sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt into a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture starts to boil. Continue cooking for 5 minutes without stirring.
  4. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour over the popped popcorn. Stir popcorn until evenly coated. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from pan and put into a large bowl to cool. 
Try and tell me how it turns out for you. Happy Eating and don't forget to follow my blog!!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum! Perfect fall snack.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero for sharing this recipe. I can eat caramel corn (and popcorn in general) like crack. Because of you I'll probable gain a few pounds because of you, but they'll be happy and well worth it! ;- )

    Cheers,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA Thanks Gina!!! I love popcorn and caramel, and together I am just hooked!!! =)
    Thanks for stopping by!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete